Important information for current fellows
- September 22-23, 2019, HHMI headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD: 2019 Fall Mentor Workshop (for 2018 cohort)
- September 23-25, 2019, HHMI headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD: 2019 Annual Gilliam Fellowships Meeting
- October 1: Annual progress reports are due
- October 31: Annual financial reports are due
- TBD, HHMI headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD: Gilliam Mentors Workshop (for 2019 cohort)
Career development resources
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty, Second Edition
Practical advice and experiences from seasoned biomedical investigators and includes chapters on laboratory leadership, getting funded, project management, and teaching and course design.
- Entering Mentoring
Materials dedicated to improving the mentoring skills of graduate students and postdoctoral researchers who may become science faculty.
- Writing a Letter of Recommendation
Guidance for writing letters of recommendation pertaining to scholarly work.