If you are an independent investigator
- HHMI employs independent investigators who work at leading research institutions around the United States under collaborative relationships with those institutions through the Investigator Program.
- HHMI does not award grants for clinical trials, drug testing, or research on health education, health-care delivery, or health services.
- HHMI does not provide support for sabbaticals or brief visits to laboratories.
If you are a student
- HHMI provides funding to medical, dental, and veterinary students for biomedical research training only through the Medical Research Fellows Program.
- HHMI is not an academic or degree-granting institution and therefore cannot offer admission to a course of study.
- HHMI does not give scholarships or other financial assistance for study toward a baccalaureate degree, a master's degree, a nursing or other allied health professions degree, or a dental degree.
- HHMI does not have a specific research training program for MD/PhD students nor does HHMI provide support for the final preparation of a dissertation, postdoctoral research by PhD scientists, or clinical training.
If you are a pre-K to 12th-grade educator
- HHMI does not provide direct funding to pre-K to 12th-grade schools or school districts, nor does HHMI give grants directly to undergraduate students or to K-12 students and teachers.