The Society of HHMI Professors is a vibrant community of science education innovators and advocates who have been awarded an HHMI Professor grant. We do this through support of:
Society of HHMI Professors
- A self-governed group of HHMI Professors that meets annually at HHMI headquarters.
- Seeks to promote the integration of scientific research into every aspect of science education.
- Works through its members to help frame educational goals, create teaching methods and materials that are effective for a diverse group of students, and generate rigorous scientific analysis of these methods.
- Maintains a web archive of materials on the AAAS supported site, Trellis
- HHMI Studios
- Professor to Professor Travel
- HHMI Professor Select and Challenge Grants
HHMI supports talented scientists and educators to advance biomedical research and train the next generation of scientific leaders. Our work is shaped by three core values:
The advancement of science depends on the development of scientific thinking skills and values in every citizen, including students who will become scientists.Explore our strategies »
The future of science depends on students at all stages learning the process of science by engaging in discovery-based experiences and scientific research.Explore our strategies »
Scientific excellence depends on the development of scientific leaders who come from all backgrounds and who are nurtured by an inclusive environment.Explore our strategies »