Important information for current fellows
- October 1: Annual progress reports are due
- April 2018, HHMI headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD: The Gilliam Mentors Workshop
- Fall 2017, HHMI headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD: The 2017 Annual Gilliam Fellowships Meeting
Invitations to register and coordinate travel will be sent mid 2017.
Career development resources
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty, Second Edition
Practical advice and experiences from seasoned biomedical investigators and includes chapters on laboratory leadership, getting funded, project management, and teaching and course design.
- Entering Mentoring
Materials dedicated to improving the mentoring skills of graduate students and postdoctoral researchers who may become science faculty.
- Writing a Letter of Recommendation
Guidance for writing letters of recommendation pertaining to scholarly work.
HHMI supports talented scientists and educators to advance biomedical research and train the next generation of scientific leaders. Our work is shaped by three core values:
The advancement of science depends on the development of scientific thinking skills and values in every citizen, including students who will become scientists.Explore our strategies »
The future of science depends on students at all stages learning the process of science by engaging in discovery-based experiences and scientific research.Explore our strategies »
Scientific excellence depends on the development of scientific leaders who come from all backgrounds and who are nurtured by an inclusive environment.Explore our strategies »