Tips From Teachers
- NGSS (2013) LS
- HS-LS1-1, HS-LS4-1, HS-LS4-2, HS-LS4-4
- AP Biology (2015)
- 1.A.1, 1.A.2, 1.A.4, 1.C.3, 3.C.1, 4.C.2, SP1, SP5, SP6
- IB Biology (2016)
- 5.1, 5.2, D.1
- AP Environmental Science (2013)
- II.C, III.B.1
- IB Environmental Systems and Societies (2017)
- Common Core (2010)
- ELA.RST.9-12.4, WHST.9-12.9
- Vision and Change (2009)
- CC1, CC2
718Short FilmThe Biology of Skin ColorPenn State University anthropologist Dr. Nina Jablonski walks us through the evidence that the different shades of skin color among human populations arose as adaptations to the intensity of ultraviolet radiation in different parts of the world. Also available in Spanish.
416Film GuideFilm Guide for The Biology of Skin ColorThe following classroom-ready resources complement The Biology of Skin Color. Featuring anthropologist Dr. Nina Jablonski, the film walks us through the evidence that differences in human skin color are adaptations to varying intensity of UV light. Also available in Spanish.