The following classroom-ready resources complement The Guide: A Biologist in Gorongosa, which tells the story of Tonga Torcida, a young man coming of age on Mount Gorongosa and in the newly revitalized Gorongosa National Park in Mozambique.
- NGSS (2013) LS
- MS-LS2-4, MS-LS2-5, HS-LS2-6, HS-LS2-7
- NGSS (2013) ESS
- MS-ESS3-3, MS-ESS3-4, HS-ESS3-4
- AP Biology (2012-2013)
- 2.D.1, 2.D.3, 4.A.5, 4.A.6, 4.B.3, 4.B.4
- IB Biology (2009)
- G.3.3, G.4.3, G.4.4
- AP Environmental Science (2013)
- Themes: 1, 4, 5, 6 Topics: II.A, II.C, IV.D.3, IV.D.4, IV.D.5, VII.C.1, VII.C.2
- C3 Framework for Social Studies State Standards
- D2.Eco.15.9-12, D2.Geo.5.9-12, D2.Geo.6.9-12, D2.His.14.9-12
176Short FilmsThe Guide: A Biologist in GorongosaSet against the restoration of war-torn Gorongosa National Park in Mozambique, The Guide tells the story of a young man from the local community who discovers a passion for science after meeting world-renowned biologist E.O. Wilson. Also available in Spanish.
558ActivitiesExploring Biomes in Gorongosa National ParkGorongosa National Park in Mozambique is a region with high ecological diversity that encompasses two distinct biomes. This activity introduces students to the concept of biomes in conjunction with the Gorongosa National Park interactive map click and learn
323Click & LearnGorongosa TimelineA highly visual interactive timeline for exploring the history of Gorongosa National Park, from its beginnings as a hunting reserve and decline in the wake of a civil war, to its return to being one of the world’s foremost wildlife treasures and case studies in conservation biology.