In seven interactive virtual labs, identify bacteria, examine heart patients, probe the nervous system, assay antibodies, study circadian rhythms, and analyze evolution in action in stickleback fish.
- Lizard Evolution Virtual Lab: Explore the evolution of the anole lizards in the Caribbean.
- Bacterial ID Lab: Use DNA sequencing techniques to identify deadly pathogens.
- Cardiology Lab: Diagnose heritable heart diseases.
- Neurophysiology Lab: Dissect a leech to explore its sensory system.
- Immunology Lab: Use human antibodies to help diagnose disease.
- Transgenic Fly Lab: Create a transgenic fly to study circadian rhythms.
- Stickleback Evolution Lab: Collect and analyze data on stickleback fish and fossil specimens.
Includes detailed procedures, lab notebooks, videos, quizzes, glossaries, and background resources.
- 2002 Pirelli Award; First Prize and Top Pirelli Prize