HHMI relaunches its primary public website. The new site uses Drupal, an open-source technology.
- The new website offers faceted search—the ability to sort results by content type, topic area, or scientific discipline.
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) has launched a redesign of its primary public website, www.hhmi.org.
The new site allows visitors to more quickly and easily find and share information about the Institute’s mission, programs, and scientists. The site also includes a single destination for science educators to find interactive lesson plans, short films, lectures and more provided by HHMI’s award-winning educational resources group and others.
HHMI.org is built on an open-source technology platform, Drupal, that draws on a large community of programmers around the world to create secure, flexible, and cost-effective tools for website development and management.
New features of the site include:
- The ability to sort HHMI scientists by discipline, location, and program. See http://www.hhmi.org/about.
- Topically organized education materials from HHMI’s BioInteractive. See http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive.
- A fresh new design for our institutional magazine, the HHMI Bulletin. See http://www.hhmi.org/bulletin.
- New content describing the Institute, our programs, and our employment opportunities. See http://www.hhmi.org/about and http://www.hhmi.org/programs.
HHMI plans to frequently add new content to the site, so we hope you will bookmark hhmi.org and come back often!