Use the links on this page to test your webcast settings
Preparing to View the Webcast
- Determine your Internet connection speed. Consult your institution's network administrator if you don't know your Internet connection speed.
- RealPlayer is required to view the webcast. Click here to download the free RealPlayer, available from RealNetworks.
- Investigate firewall issues with your IT expert. Find out if you can connect to RealVideo Streams. For RealPlayer's firewall support, go to http://service.real.com/firewall/index.html.
- Test your setup by using the links below to view a previous Holiday Lectures webcast.
- For more setup information, go to the Webcast Help page.
- The toll-free webcast help line, 877-568-HHMI, will be available to answer technical questions on both days of the lectures, beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET. Before the event, you can e-mail technical questions to email@example.com.
The following options will play the 2003 Holiday Lectures on Science, "Learning from Patients: The Science of Medicine."
Display Option 1: Video with Synchronized Lecture Slides
Click here to view the webcast video along with lecture slides.
Mac users: Please note that Display Option 1 does not work with the Safari browser. Mozilla Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/) does work and is recommended.
Display Option 2: Video Only
Display Option 3: Internet2
If you are planning to show the program in an auditorium AND have access to Internet2, please complete the following form. We will get back to you with details for hosting an Internet2 webcast.