HHMI's new fellowship program supports outstanding international predoctoral students studying in the United States who are ineligible for fellowships or training grants through U.S. federal agencies.
HHMI will award three-year fellowships to international students to support years three, four, and five of a Ph.D. program. Eligible biomedical-related fields include biology, chemistry, physics, math, computer science, engineering, and plant biologyas well as interdisciplinary research.
About the Fellowship
- Participation is by invitation only.
- Students must be in the 3rd or 4th year of a Ph.D. program in the biomedical or related sciences at a designated nominating institution to activate the fellowship.
- Students in their 1st, 2nd, or 5th year of their Ph.D. program cannot activate the fellowship.
- In no case will support past year 5 of the Ph.D. program be provided.
- Institutional nomination deadline:
November 29, 2012
- Application deadline: February 7, 2013
- Award notification: June 2013
- Fellowships begin: September 1, 2013