Full Time (40 hours/week)
Massachusetts General Hospital
Howard Hughes Medical Institute has an exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral research Associate to join the laboratory of Dr. Bruce Walker at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Ragon Institute. We seek a highly motivated individual with doctoral training in Immunology. This is a unique opportunity to join a cutting-edge team at The Ragon Institute whose vision is to promote cross-disciplinary collaboration in immunology/vaccinology in order to harness the immune response to prevent and cure human disease. This effort is supported by newly built state of the art laboratory facilities in Kendall Square, Cambridge MA, with close ties to MIT and Harvard, and a cross-disciplinary environment.
- The candidate will focus on the development and persistence of CD8+ T cell memory and effector function, as it applies to natural immune control and vaccine-induced immune responses.
- PhD, MD/PhD, or MD with significant laboratory research experience
- Candidates should be highly motivated.
- Experience in cellular immunology, RT-PCR, multicolor flow cytometry, cell isolation and tissue culture.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- A desire to collaborate across disciplines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Prior first author publications in international journals.
Qualified individuals should send their CV and two letters of reference to the email or address provided.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to:
Bruce D. Walker, MD
Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT & Harvard
400 Technology Square; Room 870
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139-3583
Open Until Filled