Full Time (40 hours/week)
New Haven, Connecticut
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute currently has an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate to join Dr. Erol Fikrig's laboratory at Yale University in New Haven, CT. In this position, you will study the interactions between pathogens, arthropod vectors and the mammalian host. Borrelia burgdorferi, Anaplasma phagocytophilum, West Nile virus and Plasmodium falciparum are among the model organisms.
- Pursue projects in the lab
- Contribute to team meetings and planning
- Perform various investigative procedures
- Operate a variety of instruments and scientific equipment
- M.D. or Ph.D. in Microbial Pathogenesis, Immunobilogy, Cell Biology or Molecular Biology necessary
- Ability to work and support interdisciplinary work in small lab groups.
- Comfortable with taking intellectual risk.
- Ability to think independently.
- Ability to develop novel approaches.
To apply, please email your CV and recent publications. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to:
Erol Fikrig, MD
Yale University School of Medicine
Section of Infectious Diseases
PO Box 208022
New Haven, Connecticut 06520
Open Until Filled