Full Time (40 hours/week)
Janelia Research Campus
HHMI's Janelia Farm Research Campus is a unique, world-class research community near Washington, D.C., dedicated to understanding the function of neural circuits and developing synergistic imaging technology. Our highly collaborative structure is designed to support interdisciplinary work in small lab groups. We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate position in which the candidate will follow neuronal lineage development, study neuron stem cells and neuronal temporal identity in the Drosophila brain.
- Develop more sophisticated genetic/transgenetic tools for neuronal lineage analysis and targeted manipulation.
- Determine genetic programs that control neuronal temporal identity.
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Developmental Biology or Neuroscience
- Experience working with Drosophila or other genetic model organisms is desirable
- Experimental experience
- Comfortable with risk.
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to develop novel approaches
HHMI offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package including health care coverage on your first day, contributions to a retirement fund, eleven paid holidays, and a generous paid time off program. Please include a cover letter summarizing your research experience and interest in the position along with your curriculum vitae and three letters of reference.
To learn more about Janelia please visit: http://www.janelia.org.
Open Until Filled