Full Time (40 hours/week)
University of California - Berkeley
The Nogales lab, a Howard Hughes Medical Institute laboratory located at the University of California Berkeley, is seeking a highly creative, motivated, and skilled Postdoctoral Associate in the area of Structural Biophysics to study yeast septins assembly, interaction with lipids, and cellular ultrastructure. The successful candidate will apply his/her knowledge in membrane biophysics and cellular ultrastructure determination to unravel the mechanisms of septins cellular functions during cytokinesis involving their diffusion barrier and scaffolding roles.
- Expression and purification of septins for in vitro studies
- Fluorescence studies of septin interaction with GUVs
- Electron tomography studies of dividing yeast cells to characterize septin ultrastructure throughout the cell cycle
- Strong background and publication record in membrane biophysics and/or cellular ultrastructure characterization
- Experience with membrane interacting proteins, GUVs and/or quantitative fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with cellular electron microscopy (embedding and sectioning) and tomography, and/or general biochemistry/molecular biology techniques.
Please send an email with a brief description of research interests, relevant work experience, future career plans, a curriculum vitae, and names of two references to Prof. Eva Nogales at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your information in a single document.
Open Until Filled