Full Time (40 hours/week)
Janelia Research Campus
Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Janelia Farm Research Campus (“Janelia”) is a world-class biomedical research facility with over 500 employees. Driven by creativity and an adventurous spirit, Janelia pioneers new research methods, opens new fields of science and makes important, sometimes-unimagined discoveries. Inspired by our mission, we work together to quickly eliminate barriers to scientific progress in an environment of openness, trust, and shared responsibility. Our highly collaborative structure is designed to support interdisciplinary work in small lab groups. We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate position in the Pastalkova Lab.
A successful candidate will be responsible for leading, moving along and troubleshooting an independent project that will likely involve all or most of the following:
- Neuronal data analysis using MATLAB
- Electrophysiological experiments with rodents, including perturbation experiments using optical stimulation and drug infusion
- Design, production and injection of virus mediated recombinant DNA
- Histological analysis
- A candidate must have prior experience with neuronal data analysis using MATLAB. Relevant experimental experience is very welcome.
- Ability to work and support interdisciplinary work in small lab groups.
- Experience with time series data analysis, pattern classification, dimension reduction methods
- Experimental experience
- Comfortable with risk
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to develop novel approaches
HHMI offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package including health care coverage on your first day, contributions to a retirement fund, and eleven paid holidays. Please include a cover letter, three references and salary requirements with your C.V. Include the job title "Postdoc Pastalkova Lab" and job number "093317-002" in the subject line.To learn more about Janelia Farm, please visit us at www.janelia.org.
Open Until Filled