The Stickleback Evolution Virtual Lab will introduce you to the science and techniques used to analyze the forms and structures of organisms—in particular, the pelvic structures of the threespine stickleback fish (Gasterosteus aculeatus). The lab includes three experiments in which you will collect and analyze data using photographs of living fish specimens and fossils.
Note: The lab was updated in September 2013! Improvements include: new videos, an interactive glossary, greatly expanded teacher resources and tips, and the ability to track and store the progress of multiple students working on a single computer. The accompanying worksheets (see Related Materials) have also been revised.
This lab is in HTML5—compatible with mobile devices!
- Google Chrome version 9 or greater.
- Mozilla Firefox version 9 or greater.
- Apple Safari version 5 or greater.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8 or greater.
- 2013 Communicator Awards; Silver Award of Distinction